The Heart of America Chapter serves the Kansas City areas and welcomes all grant professionals from Kansas and Missouri.
We offer training every other month. Training topics include:
- grant research databases
- grants from funder's perspective
- Census Bureau information
- logic models
- practical techniques for managing the grant application process
April 24-25th, 2014
The Regional Conference will take place at
Embassy Suites on the Plaza
For more information
Attendees will enjoy a continental breakfast with our plenary speaker and award winning author,
Dalya Massachi who will speak on the topic of
"Grant Writers as Strategists"
Dalya’s friendly, practical presentations share top techniques and insights drawn from her 20+ years of experience in the field.
Visit : http://www.writingtomakeadifference.com/
for more info
Conference Sessions Include:
- Researching New and Potential Funders: Cynthia Robinson, GPC
- Planning For Federal Grant Opportunities: Julie Assel, GPC
- Proposal Development Overview: Mary Licklider, PhD
- Logic Models, What’s More Logical than a Logic Model?: Anna Kraxner, GPC
- Grants Management, Compliance and Performance: Jasmine Markanday, MBA and Linda Alexander
- Beyond the Narrative, Working with Financials: Megan Campbell MPA, GPC and Jeff Walker, MBA
- OIG Oversight of Grants: Members of the US Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General
- Cultural Competency, Not Just a Buzz Word: Panel of Representatives from The Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City, REACH Healthcare Foundation, Jackson County Mental Health Levy and the SAMHSA office in Washington D.C.